BLUE ISLAND DIVING COURSES
At Blue Islands Diving we offer a range of courses which are fully undertaken by our PADI qualified staff. With years of experience in Scuba Diving we offer the best facilities, equipment and training techniques to ensure you learn while having fun.
PADI SCUB DIVING COURSE – 300 €
This course requires less time than the PADI Open Water Diver course, covering only the first three of five sections of knowledge development, the first three of five pool sessions, and the first two of four open water training dives, resulting in a limited certification. Particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily in the company of a dive guide or if you have limited time to devote to scuba certification.
This certification allows for ample dive experience and is a good warm-up for the Open Water Diver course, if that’s your ultimate goal. PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor to a maximum depth of 12 metres / 40 feet
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in other diving activities as long as they have the required supervision
PADI OPEN WATER DIVE COURSE – 450 €
The world’s most popular scuba course that has introduced millions of people to an adventurous diving lifestyle.
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVE COURSE – 350 €
Helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving and it is designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course.
EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE PRIMARY & SECONDARY -150
First aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports and you will need these skills for the PADI Rescue Diver course.
Emergency First Response is a course that specializes in teaching lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors!
The fun part about Emergency First Response training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence and are more prepared to help in an emergency.
What You Learn in the EFR Primary and Secondary Care Courses
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
THE PADI RESCUE DIVER COURSE – 150 €
Designed to develop your dive knowledge and skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, as well as teach you to manage diving accident situations and apply first aid skills. It is very much a hands on course, with role-playing to gain the experience needed for most dive incidents.
The PADI rescue Diver program takes 3 days to complete and is divided into three main areas.
- Academic Knowledge Development gained through independent study and classroom presentations.
- Confined Water Practical Skills tuition.
- Open Water Scenario Assessments.
THE PADI MASTER COURSE – 650 €
his is the first professional step on the PADI ladder. This course is unlike any of our other courses, as it gives you the opportunity to work with and assist your instructor during training. This will help you gain extended accident management and problem solving skills. You will be seen as a role model by recreational divers and learn the day-to-day operations of the dive industry.
This course is, run by our experienced, qualified instructors and is divided into 5 areas:
- Water Skills
- Stamina Tests
- Indepth Diving Knowledge Development
- Practical Assessments during actual PADI courses
- Gain practical firsthand experience of working within the recreational diving industry